Wednesday, February 28

Franglaise?

  1. After spending many years not just surviving but apparently thriving on less than 5 hours sleep a night, there was the crash. Now I seem to experience a permanent state of exhaustion.

  2. I passed my driving test first time.

  3. But I can't park to save my life. In my driving test I was asked to do a 3 point turn and reverse around a corner, had I been asked to parallel park I would not have passed. This is a constant source of amusement to friends who often become frustrated whilst driving with me and end up parking the car themselves.

  4. I was a prefect at school (ooh la la).

  5. I spend far too much of my life worrying rather than acting on what is worrying me.

  6. I never did enough work. Ever. I'm secretly afraid that I never will. I wonder if I'll ever be able to beat the procrastination.

  7. I'm a size 8, entirely by accident. I feel like a cheat, I wobble far too much to be a size 8. I appear to be one of those people who can eat anything and still say slim(ish). If I wasn't, with my diet, I'd be at least 30 stone by now. This scares me. As does the knowledge that I'm not sure I would have the willpower to really diet if I ever was to become very overweight.

  8. As does how often I consider smoking again. To get rid of my appetite.

  9. I found myself a "second' family entirely by accident. They are, more often than not, why I get up in the morning. I miss them all day. I am getting through things at the moment by knowing I will soon be back near to them. This is all wrong. This implies there is something amiss with my wonderful wonderful "real" family. Yes, there's a very difficult situation or six buried in there, but they are my family. I love them. Perhaps it's all fine. I can have two, right?

  10. I will always be a flirt. This has got me into trouble more times than I would care to remember.

  11. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. It is an instant reminder of summer, friends and cricket. Walking barefoot is another instant reminder of summer; my feet are regularly in tatters due to my love of the freedom of walking barefoot. Typing this I'm humming along to Ash's "Walking Barefoot". Good song that.

  12. The first CD I bought was a Steps album, closely followed by a Five album. Oh the shame. Needless to say, my music taste probably hasn't improved all that much, despite how hard The Boy tried.

  13. Nothing can beat communicating by letter. Especially with those you love. Somehow, if they are too far away, writing brings you so much closer together. I love being able to look forward to the post arriving again. The postman knows to put the letters with the certain postmark at the top.

  14. I always dreamt of a very very traditional very very white wedding (oh, how typical you say), perhaps because I attended my parents' aged 8 or 9 dressed in football kit. Yes, took the tomboy phase further than most.

  15. I have no piercings or tattoos. This is not due to any dislike of either, I just never got around to it.

  16. I can't sing, not even remotely. This is midly upsetting although I have been known to lose awareness of this particular fact whilst riding on a tram listening to my ipod. As a child, I couldn't help but feel my life would have been different if I could sing. And if I had an "innie" belly button. All the cool kids had "innie"s and I felt like the imposter.

  17. I have always been hopeless at public speaking. I clam up, stammer or just speak at a hundred words per minute. Recently, however, I have found that just forcing myself to stand up and talk has yielded surprisingly successful results. Long may it continue.

  18. Mon coeur sera toujous en trente trois. C'est là où ma vie a changé. Je ne suis pas à l'aise quand je ne suis pas là. Jamais. Cela m'inquiete.

3 comments:

Studio Kaufmann said...

I'm the same, can't parallel park to save my life - well I can but it takes about twenty minutes of in and out forward and backward. I guess I am not forced to because I don't live in a big city. There's always a parking spot. great blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing l feel like l know you that much better!!

Anonymous said...

I read that as "I was perfect at school" several times before I read that properly.

I have the procrastination problem too.

Let me know if you ever solve it.